Wednesday, November 09, 2011

This month I am thankful for....BURLAP

Burlap has become my go to material for anything decorating these days. It is relatively easy to work with , inexpensive and looks fantastic regardless of the project. A few weeks ago I was on point to decorate Jake and Lily's preschool fall festival . Naturally I turned to my burlap for help. I came up with a burlap banner that I liked so much I decided to make one for the house ( the preschool kept the other). I also made some burlap placemats that each have a word that reflects the thanksgiving holiday.  I made my stencils  from my awesome silhouette machine. This machine needs to be on the christmas list this year!! To hang the banner , I used jute twine and laced through holes that I placed in each corner of the squares. The project took no time to put together and looks great !

Harvest Blessing banner

Supplies Needed
  • Burlap for the banner - amount depends on the saying you choose. I had 15 letters and each square of burlap was approximately 6"x8"
  • Lettering - You can either use stencils or write the letters freehand. I cut my stencils from my silhouette machine. The font used was Bookman Old style.
  • Fabric paint or acrylic paint in your choice of color. I selected Tulip fabric  paint in black for this project.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!
    We love the one you made for the preschool. You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative, I don't know where you get the time or energy! You are an inspiration, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha Stewart.......look out!

    ReplyDelete

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.