Thursday, December 15, 2011

Welcome To My Home Series-Master Bedroom

The first room that I wanted to share in my Welcome to My Home Series is my Master Bedroom. I am a firm believer that the bedroom is a place that should evoke peace, tranquility and beauty. These are things that I feel when I am in this space. My room makes me feel special, the way I believe your bedroom should make you feel.

Before kids my style for the bedroom was very  formal. It was not a space for children to jump on the bed or sit on the couch. It was a beautiful space to look at but not to live in. Well all of that changed 6 years ago after my first son was born. I realized I wanted a beautiful space that the family could live in . That's when the formal went and a more simple design was introduced.
Benjamin Moore- Homestead Green
My bedding is the Matine collection from Pottery Barn. The "His" and "Hers" pillows from Ballard Designs, add just enough wimsy and throw in  some casual on a very traditional pattern.  The color on my wall Homestead Green, is the original color choice since we built our home 9 years ago. This is the only color in my home that has never changed. I love this color and how it makes me feel when I enter this space. Calm and Peaceful.  I close the doors and forget the kids are screaming and that laundry is piling up, if just for a moment!Ahhhh.

 For More of My Home Tour Click Here




5 comments:

  1. lovely room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I always adored your decorating and style. You are so talented. Share more. I want to see all your rooms. Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks everyone! Sheree- you are just like me!:) Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the content of this blog. Must purchase the latest technological designs beds from UK Leading Bed Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.