Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Create an aged Flower Planter in minutes

Just like the walls in my house, planters on my patio get their fair share of color changes as well. 




I planted some beautiful wave petunias in a planter on the patio the other day.


I  love these wave petunias and the way the flowers cascade off the sides, just not the color of the planter they were sitting in. I do however like this planter because of the raised design of vine and grapes, and thought it would look perfect aged.


After cleaning the planter off, I began painting using some chalk paint in Old Orche color.


Because I wanted the green undercoat to peek through, I was careful not to apply to much brush pressure and coverage to the grapevine areas.


I applied two coats of paint and let the planter dry before applying a poly coat to seal it.


Beautiful and aged! The result is exactly what I thought it should look like.

And the flowers are pretty too!


PS- To see more of my favorite outdoor projects click here.




Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

14 comments:

  1. So pretty! I have 3 of these same pots in brown and I was going to toss them this year because I don't like the look of them anymore. I'm going to try this with them. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your planter and wave petunias! Thank you for joining the garden party link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Laura! Nothing beats a white paint makeover.
    xo~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. what material is the pot do you think the same technique will work on fiberglass pots?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same pot Laura. It holds a mother in laws tongue.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty. Will the poly yellow over time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your aged pot with the pretty petunias!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness what a wonderful change it made! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love petunias! And yours look great in the planters. Paint works wonders on everything.
    Visiting via- The Bungalow Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura,

    I love this idea. The white really brings out the detail on the planter :)

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This planter went from drab to fab! Wave petunias are a regular in my pots too!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice color contrast, and I love the pot ;)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura, I love how it turned out! So pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.