Friday, May 18, 2012

Super Simple Cake Plate

Remember back at Easter time  I mentioned to you here that my sister did not have a cake plate? Well, I decided to do what sisters do and make her one.




The process started at the local thrift store where I  picked up this white plate and candle stick.


It felt like pay day when I saw that the candle holder from Anthropologie, cost me $1.50 and the plate was marked down to 25.

 

I used some E6000 adhesive (found at your local hardware store), between the bottom of the plate and the top of the candle holder.


Make sure to level the holder onto the plate so it is even...sister does not want wonky cake plate. and let it set overnight to dry.

 

Next day....... sister has a cake plate!

 

How super simple is this.....and it looked amazing on her table.

  
Have a great weekend. 
   









Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

6 comments:

Keeping it Cozy said...

I love this idea... but once again I'm wondering why I don't ever find anything like an Anthro candle holder at the thrift store! :-)

Morning T said...

Too cute. Great deals on the plate and candle holder!!
Happy weekend to you.
xo~
T

myric andreasen said...

Thank you for sharing this tip. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it at Linky party!

xoxo
Myric @Petites Passions

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

super simple and easy! I have two glass cake plates, but I've been wanting a whiteware one, this could fit the bill nicely!


Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Haydee said...

This is simple, fabulous and SO versatile!!

Vanessa said...

Fabulous!!

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.

.