and this. Just think, a million of these stalks just staring at me.
Determined to proclaim my continued devotion to my sweet Day Lily, I decide to do something that I have never done before. An idea that not only keeps me "green" but also keeps me in good grace with mother nature.
I went out and picked all the spent stems from the Daylilies and trimmed off about an inch from the bottoms
I then took Ivy Green Rust-Oleum spray paint and coated the entire stem front and back, and let the stems dry completely
I then placed my new found "green " idea in a container on the patio.It provides some nice color and interest for something that would have just ended up on the ground, unnoticed as it decomposed.
Mother Nature thinks it's a cool idea too!