Thursday, September 27, 2012

Easy Fall Decor

I love quick and easy decor, especially projects that "Fall" into place and turn out surprisingly festive without even trying.

This arrangement fits that category, in fact I whipped it up between cleaning the kitchen and walking the dogs.
An arrangement mixed with faux fall picks, feathers, natural cat tails,wheat and leaves.

If you have time between your chores, here's how to make this fall arrangement.
Take your floral foam and put your wheat in the center.This gives your arrangement height. I wrapped my wheat with wire so that it stays bunched together.
Next add your feathers and cat tails. Look out for those cat tails though, If they break open watch out. You will have thousands of little white fuzz floating around all day!
Fill in the bottom of the arrangement with your fall picks. Make sure to cover any gaps/holes in the arrangements.
Place the arrangement in a container. For added texture and color, I placed a piece of burlap and brown felt at the base of my arrangement.
Not bad for quick and easy, ugh?
Gotta go. Working on another project between doing some laundry and cleaning the windows!
Do you have any quick and easy Fall Decor tips?


PS- Don't forget to follow me on Facebook here for more Fall Inspiration 



Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



26 comments:

  1. i really love the colors.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a great job....is it sitting on your kitchen table? just wondering where it's at....I love it!

    I don't have a whole lot of fall tips, but this year I did put some shelled nuts in glass jars and then put my indian corn on top of them...made two of them and added them to our dining room table setting. very fallish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo pretty!! You sound just like me. I bought a few things in Hobby Lobby yesterday to put together a little something on my dining room table. Well on my way up to bed last night I passed all the bags and decided to go and "play" then! One thing led to another and I finally made it upstairs around 1am LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. quick and easy yet so beautiful I'll have to get some supplies and do one for my kitchen n porch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick and easy and I'm inspired to actually do something rather than just toss all my fall stuff up on the mantle and call it a day:)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, that is really pretty and I already changed out the stuff in my Mule tool carrier between vacuuming and dusting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura,

    So pretty! I really am a terrible flower arranger ... so I'm learning loads from you!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. With me being so far behind on the fall decor..I am all for quick and easy...but your arrangement is so beautiful that it sure does not look like you whipped it up quickly!!!....I love the container and the "peek" of the pillow in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sa-weet! The burlap is the perfect touch to this awesome arrangement... thanks for sharing!
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes ... I know all too well about the cat tails (ugh). The floral arrangment that you "whipped up" is beautiful, Laura! The feathers are a fun addition, along with the burlap that you tucked in. Looks great on your table, too. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Laura. I'm heading out to find some cattails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SooOOoo pretty!
    Love the container too.
    You make it look way too easy.
    I love it Laura!

    xoxox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, Laura! Love the container you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty. i could never make it, but it is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you make it seem so simple ... i'd be the one with the cat tail innards all over my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have any cat tails, wonder if corn dogs would work ok?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Laura...this looks just wonderful. I'm visiting from the pinning party at Debbie's. I pinned, tweeted and posted on FB! Love the cat tails. They grow everywhere around here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quick, Easy, Beautiful!!! I have pinned it from the party @ Fox Hollow. I love it.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your fall arrangement looks beautiful.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful arrangement! Love the addition of the pumpkins and the burlap! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! (Thanks for the tutorial.)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it, Laura! Great tip for keeping the wheat bunched together with a piece of wire. I love quick and easy this year - I'm soooo behind.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty. It would be great to have you link to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.