Monday, September 10, 2012

My John Deere Inspired Mailbox

Oh no. I think I owe you an apology. I am so sorry if I had you running around all weekend looking for my mailbox that I showed you here
Sorry if I mislead you into thinking you could buy it at some tractor supply place somewhere on a dirt road in the country or on eBay or craigs list, because you can't. Not this one anyways. Nope, this is a one of a kind Flea Market Treasure, and it didn't always look this good.
See when we got it, it lacked a lot style and color.  Heck, even my mailman would drive right by and throw us our junk mail!
But that all changed one day with a little bit of spray paint and some aluminium foil.
Add a little bit of outdoor yellow vinyl for the stripes, a little red on the flag and the tractor  mailbox is good to go. 


 Since I put this mailbox up even my mailman has even stopped delivering the junk mail. Now if I could only get him to stop delivering the bills!


Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


11 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

WOW my friend! You sure rocked this project! How fabulous...you really created and awesome piece for sure! You could probably market these!!!! applause and appaws for you!!!!! : ) sending hug...

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Laura, this must be a magical mailbox... no junk mail!!! I laughed out loud when I saw that you painted your tractor right on the post!!!! Good for you!!! I love the JD tractor colors... I'm showing this to my tractor ridin' John Deere lovin' husband! What a fun post and really great mailbox!

Ruby and Arthur said...

Love this mailbox! Jean

thistlewoodfarm said...

Laura,

You could sell that mailbox at auction around here! And it would totally go for top dollar!

I'm just sayin'

Have a great day rock star!

karianne

NanaDiana said...

That is a really cute mailbox- Nice makeover on it. Now if your name was only John Deere you could stencil that on the side!;>) xo Diana

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I just noticed the "guy" driving the tractor...how cute is that!?!...Well, that was one talented person who made that mailbox..and another who painted it!!!...So I am assuming that the man driving the tractor is named "John".....Have a great week!!

Michele said...

You did a fantastic job on that mailbox. Wow!

Laurel Stephens said...

I can't even believe that's the same mailbox. It's soooo cute! And the aluminum foil? What a great idea? You are SO smart and talented!!

Ira Morse said...

I love the way you remodel your mailbox so unique, and with this mailbox you will get a plenty of mail everyday....:)

Heather said...

Love it! John Deere is very popular where I live; I know a lot of people who would love to have this mailbox!

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted a nice mailbox... that is awesome..!!

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.

.