Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Four of my favorite outdoor projects

Memorial day hadn't even begun and we were already 1/2 way through our first summer project of the year. I am calling it "Operation Summer Sanity".  And the title about sums it all on the benefits that not only the kids will get this summer but mama as well! If you follow me on FB and Instagram- (Top This Top That) you have seen some of our progress. I will be sharing more of the finished project in a couple of weeks. 
Today though, I wanted to share four of my favorite outdoor projects with you in case you are trying to figure out what to put on your project list for the summer.

Low cost Summer cabana. Last summer was a scorcher and this cabana definitely provided some well needed shade on our upper deck.

Gotta keep them Angry birds happy! This birdbath tutorial will keep them happy in your yard too.

Why hire the professionals when you can do your own stone work. Last summer my husband and I worked on stone steps in the backyard and steps off our front porch. 
Don't throw out those old chaise loungers quite yet! I will show you how to refurbish your old chairs like this one here so that you are sitting out by the pool today...in style.


See you later this week!

Grateful~
that the kids are sleeping in a whole 30 mins longer during summer break than they usually do. Whoo-hoo!




Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



15 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Have I told you that you are amazing? Well you are! Each project is more gorgeous than the next...sometimes even this chatty Italian (hands are waving of course...even while typing) is rendered speechless! You are one talented lady! Sending hugs and wishes for a great week!

ImSoVintage said...

I love all of these. I still marvel at your stone steps :)
Laura

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Good stuff, Laura!! Happy summertime!
xo Heidi

Teresa said...

And she's on a roll ahahahah

I love your projects. And I love how you make it sound easy and actually guide us through it.

I did the bird baths 2 years ago but it reached that point that only "family birds" come by... I love your "tiling" method.

Happy Summertime, Laura!

Tanya Runkle said...

Oh your summer cabana is fabulous! I love to see what you are up to Laura, you have such a lovely home. Have a great day friend!

xo, Tanya

Lakeshore CottageLiving said...

Everything looks WONDERFUL! Thank you SO much for stopping by and commenting. I have been gone from blogging for so long I thought everyone had forgotten me..lol. I am going to come back and check out how you did those stone steps. They look amazing.

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I love your outdoor space and am jealous that you get to enjoy them now! And loved the FB pic of the kids in the pool too!

:) Linda

Angela Ryder said...

Great stuff Laura!! So many times I've passed over 'used' lawn chairs but no more!!! Thanks!!~~Angela

Tiffany said...

Love that summer cabana! Just adorable. Some really great ideas.

Bella Michelle said...

You have the best ideas and projects!!! Happy Summer!!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You have had the best outdoor projects!!...Enjoy your summer with the kids!!!

At The Picket Fence said...

Those are some awesome projects Laura and I can't wait to see what you did with that chaise lounge! :-)
Vanessa

thistlewoodfarm said...

I love this porch!! It looks so cozy and inviting!!

You rock!!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!!

Anu Varma said...

What a lovely porch. I am so glad I saw this. I am hosting a giveaway via Arcadian Home on my blog. It would be great if you could stop by. Have a lovely day!

Jenn @ Clean and Scentsible said...

Great ideas! I especially love those steps! Thanks so much for coming out to The Inspiration Exchange! Have a wonderful weekend!
Jenn :)

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.

.