Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Customized Pillows for a fraction of the cost

If I counted up the amount of money that I spent from not being resourceful and doing it myself.....I would probably have enough money to feed the world.... and then some.





You see, for years, I wasn't the DIY or resourceful type. Quite the opposite actually. If I saw it in the catalog or store and liked......I bought. Without even a thought of doing it myself and the money that I could save. 


But something changed, and I grew resourceful. I thought differently....and had children. Instead of pulling out the credit card to purchase what I like from my favorite stores, I was trying to figure out how I can make it and save money.


 Kinda like these monogram pillows that I just finished for my Master Bedroom. I bought the fabric online, I followed my pillow tutorial here and had the monogram stitched locally.


I would have easily spent $40.00 each for my linen fabric pillows.....but instead I spent about $14.00 for each pillow. That's quite a savings and money....... that will come in hand for the things that I can't make.

How resourceful are you?


Grateful for~
Compassion



Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner





10 comments:

  1. Those are nice did you monogram them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, what a fabulous idea. Your pillows are gorgeous! My best friend does embroidery so she is forever tacking my projects. Great deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought I was resourceful but blogging has taken that to a whole new level. And I really need new pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same way ... it all changed when I turned in a paycheck for kisses and hugs and dirty diapers! Funny thing, though, I always could do it myself. I just didn't have the time when I worked full time!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I love these, I just can't so for anything!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pillows are beautiful! I love the monogram added too. I think monograms look good on bedding. I'm impressed that you made those yourself! I'd like to learn how to sew on a machine one day so I could be crafty too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! These are beautiful!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have cut WAY back on spending, Laura. I find there is not so much I NEED anymore and the things I WANT I try to make-a lot like you do. Your pillows are just fabulous- I love monogrammed ANYTHING!!!! I used to monogram my husband's cuffs on his shirts. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my moments. I can be resourceful. I just made a café curtain and pelmet boxes and am going to tackle my first pillow this weekend (hopefully). For me, it's about time. I love to do crafts and diy but my husband travels a lot and I work and I have a 5 yr old and a 1 yr old. That equation equals almost zero time to get things done. It really feels like an accomplishment when I am able to do something myself though. I really value it more than something I may have purchased because I know the blood sweat and tears that went into it:) Your pillows rock, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Without even a thought of doing it myself and the money that I could save. customized shopping

    ReplyDelete

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.