Friday, March 28, 2014

Weekly Wow's...and friendships

Happy Friday to you! This week I was so blessed and fortunate to spend some time with my family in South.Florida. What was also amazing, was that I got to connect with friends that I had not seen in many, many years. I have been friends with these girls for more than 30 years and just sitting with them..... for hours,  reinforced for me what true friendship really means. 





Such a gift.
We also celebrated the life of my niece Jessica at a Paint party in her honor, on what would have been her 24th birthday. This is the group of us holding our paintings of Jessica when she was younger with her horse. 



Special night.

Here's some amazing ideas that I found this week.



Looking for some inexpensive art ideas? Try applying coasters to some cardstock and then frame.


Gorgeous...Butcher Paper Wreath. Tutorial here



How fun is this colorful desert here


Great idea ... include some colored eggs in your spring floral arrangements.

source unknown


When adding a pop of color.... try adding it inside the cabinets instead of outside. This approach also provides such an unexpected surprise.



When's the last time you connected with an old friend? How about today.
Hope you have an amazing weekend!


PS- for more of my Weekly Wow's click here


Grateful for~
The chance to see Ana, Lisa and Alex




Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

16 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Oh, what a lovely family you have and sounds like you've had such a great time! You're the prettiest little thing. You're blessed to have kept those friends for all of these years. So many of us loose track of friends down through the years, so this is just amazing! We were in Destin last week and it was just beautiful!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were just one state away from me! Glad you got to reconnect with family and friends, looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time and what a fabulous tribute to your niece....I know you all could feel her joy in that room when you were painting....Love your weekly wows every Friday....Have a great weekend back on the home front!....and I too love spending time with old friends...and new ones too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to connect with old friends! Love the wow's as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely trip! I love that you did that painting party in honor of your niece. How beautiful! Great weekly wows! I love that butcher paper wreath...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures of you and your friends and the celebration of your niece! Glad you had a wonderful time with family and friends!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post reminds me that I need to get together with my old high-school friends. New friends are wonderful, but old friends are best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Choked up at thought of the paint party. Very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a fun celebration! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the paint party idea. Great wows. Funny I just got rid of the color in my kitchen cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad for you that you reconnected with your family and friends. How kewl that after so many years you're all still friends. I love your site and always look forward to looking in my inbox for your next post. Take care.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bird and the eggs and the flowers and the eggs. Your ideas are incredible. Most of all, how precious that you have life-long friendships. I wish I could say that I have those. I was a PK and I was a Sunday School teacher for the time I was 13. That makes you a caretaker to some degree. I taught 12 year olds by the time I was 15. So the kids move on and so do the connections. I am looking for community now and it's not easy. So treasure those friendships and hold tightly to those you love. I so enjoy your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful tribute to Jessica and choked me up a bit. Nice that you could connect with old friends.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  14. The special time with family and friends is something we all need more of. A sweet tribute to your niece.
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun!!! And I love your favorites this week, especially the framed coaster! ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to hear that you had a good time in FL. Looks like you had nice weather there too. I'm sure you're feeling recharged and refreshed now. A getaway from home is good for the soul sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.