Monday, April 14, 2014

Easy Ways To Incorporate Monograms into your decor.....Southern Style

There are a few things a southern woman just can't live without, sweet ice tea, shrimp and grits and ........




Don't get me wrong, we love a good pair of boots and pink John Deere tractors, but a great Monogram will steal our heart every time.


 I am joining some other boot wearing Southern gals to bring you some ideas on how to use Monograms in the 'Oh My Word Series. Links will be at the end of the post.



So here are the deets on monograms..... well, this Southern gals  interpretation. A monogram tells a story of who you are. Typically it is your initials of some variation of the first, middle and last name. It can be single letter, 2 or 3 letters. I use single letter in most of my monograms which may not be  considered "proper" monogram etiquette. Ask me if I am proper? 
Today I am sharing a few ideas that are easy to incorporate into your home... Whether you are Southern or not, or proper.

Monogram on a mirror or glass.  I used my silhouette machine to create the 'J' and attached to a mirror.



Add a monogram to your outdoor chairs. Details here.



I have used this scroll 'J' letter at my front door entrance many times. One coat of spray paint changes it up to coordinate with the season.



Add a monogram to your pillows here.



Add a monogram to a canvas tote bag. I made these a couple of years ago for teacher gifts. 



Add it to a wrap.....that way the flowers won't forget who you are!



Now grab some sweet tea and head on over and visit these other southern gals for more monograms ideas.




Our Southern Home


Do you have any monograms in your home decor?








Grateful ~
My daughters foot is healed so she can dance in her first 
recital in May.



Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



18 comments:

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

So many GREAT ideas! What teacher wouldn't love that tote bag! And I love your pillows! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

reFresh reStyle said...

I love them all and that teachers gift makes me wish I were a teacher! Cheers to monograms and sweet tea :)
Debbie

Sonya~At Home with The Barkers said...

Lots of great ideas...LOVE those gift bags! Have a great week ~Sonya

Marisa Franca said...

Love Monograms, since I am printing challenged I've ordered some letter and number aids. This is great -- thank you so much for this post, my letters should be here any day.

Marisa Franca said...

Love Monograms, since I am printing challenged I've ordered some letter and number aids. This is great -- thank you so much for this post, my letters should be here any day.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Fun post! I've got a fun front porch monogram project coming soon. :)
xo Heidi

Kelly said...

Love all of your monograms. I really like the one on your front porch and on the pillows on your bed.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I love monograms, but our initial is "0" so there isn't a really good monogram for that. You do have some super ideas and I agree they are a fabulous decor item. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that will go live this afternoon at 3 PM. www.astrollthrulife.net. Hope to see you there.

NanaDiana said...

My heart is still Southern even though I live in the Midwest now. I love monograms. When my boys were little I monogrammed the cuffs of their white shirts or their pockets and their sweaters. Your examples are wonderful!!! xo Diana

Christy Our Southern Home said...

Laura,
Just love monograms and your projects are such an inspiration!! ~Christy

Shannon said...

Well, this post made me realize I don't have a monogram anywhere. Not one! I better use some of your ideas!

White Lace and Promises said...

I love my burlap wreath with the monogram. Great ideas as usual. I look forward to your posts. I have got to get me a letter for my side door. The chair is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I have loved "monograms" all my life!...I even had my shoes monogrammed in high school...seriously!...As a matter of fact just took some items in today to be monogrammed...love all your creative monograms...and that pink John Deere...well, that is something to behold!

Tiffany said...

I'm not from the south originally, but now that I'm here I have fully embraced the sweet tea. Now, I just need to get some monograms in my life.

Nancy's Notes said...

I'm crazy about monograms and all of your looks are great! Thanks for sharing your clever ideas!

Artsy Chicks Rule said...

I am with you on the sweet tea and shrimp and grits!! Yum! And that pink tractor...I need that! lol
And Oh my gosh, Laura, you are the monogram queen! Love them all. :)
xo
Nancy

Miss Charming said...

Cute pillows, Laura!

laura@imnotatrophywife.com said...

Hi Laura- Thanks for the inspiration....again! Would love for you to link to Friday Favorites going on now! the other laura ;0)

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.

.