Monday, May 05, 2014

Spring Wisteria Wreath

Us Southern gals are at it again, this time....... with flowers. 



I definitely feel more accomplished with my gardening skills then I am of my culinary skills...and lack there of.  In fact, I would rather be digging in the dirt , then cooking in the kitchen any day. 
Which is precisely where I was, putting this beautiful Wisteria Wreath together.



One of the first plants that I planted in my garden 11 years ago were 2 Wisteria vines. Each year, they come back bigger and prettier then ever. Every year I have to prune them multiple times so they don't look completely out of control, like my hair on some days. 


The funny thing is, I had never considered using the cuttings for a wreath....until this weekend. So with shears in hand, I snipped about 15 clippings and attached them to a grapevine wreath using floral wire. 


 Snip, attach and hang.




I decided to hang it on one of our feed sheds near the pasture. Now, feeding time is met with a big ole smile, by me....and the animals. 


The donkeys like the wreath too!

Be sure to visit my other pals for more flower inspiration.





grateful for~
seeing my mom and sister this weekend




PS- If you missed last months 'Oh My Word....Monograms, click here.



Sharing


Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

17 comments:

reFresh reStyle said...

Beautiful! I love wisteria and every time I see a vine, I think of my grandmother. She had them all over her yard and they make me smile too!
Debbie

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

So pretty! I LOVE a good wreath project! I need to plant some wisteria! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I wonder if the donkeys would like to EAT your wreath! :) Let's hope not because it's stunning!

:) Linda

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

That looks so pretty Laura...love it!!

Kelly said...

Love that wreath! You are truly the wreath queen. It looks great where you hung it.

Lisa @ Lisas Creative Designs said...

Very sweet wreath! I love wisteria. I live in NC on the coast and the wisteria was blooming a couple of weeks ago. I just adore it. I have always wanted to plant some in my garden somewhere but being that it needs to climb I am not sure where I would put it!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That's gorgeous and I'm right there with ya in the dirt.

Pamela said...

It is beautiful Laura!

Shannon Fox said...

I adore this and could only dream of having Wisteria like that.
Your wreath is pure, simple, perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy Our Southern Home said...

So gorgeous! So love wisteria!!! Great for a garden party .....or the adorable donkeys! XXOO Christy

Artsy Chicks Rule said...

Oh I adore Wisteria!! How beautiful and how lucky you have it right there at your fingertips! I love when it's in bloom!
Your wreath made from it is lovely!
Nancy

Nancy B said...

I love working in the yard also. You sure do make pretty wreaths Laura. I wished you lived near me so you could make my wreaths. I have wisteria and never thought about making a wreath, guess what I will try to make tomorrow......

Eclectically Vintage said...

Every donkey needs a wreath!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love that gorgeous wreath!!...I love wisteria...we used to have it in our home in Florida, but it went crazy...we dubbed it "Hysteria".....By the way Laura...your posts have stopped coming into my email....that Feedburner issue I think!

Iqbal Hossain said...

Looks good! I don't think I have seen it here :( nice review)
Lovely Read!

New Blog Pages>> http://relationship-blog.blogspot.com/
http://beauty2beautytips.blogspot.com/

Cynthia said...

Hi Laura, playing catch up, I am a fan of Wisteria. We had the worst luck with ours in the old house. We never got one flower, ever, so disappointing. Love this wreath, it gorgeous. You always do a great job.

Cynthia

J Shrewsbury-ThreeDogFarmhouse said...

Love this wreath!
Wisteria is something I would love to add to my garden

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.

.