I enjoy creating coastal touches in my decor during the summer months. With an abundance of shells and terracotta pots in my stash, I made this coastal inspired candle holder .
- Terracotta pot (I used a medium size)
- shells ( the number depends on how many shells you want on your holder)
- glue gun
- 3/8" twisted rope ( I used white polypropylene rope)
- play sand to set inside the candle holder
- White Spray paint
- sander block ( optional if you want to distress your holder)
Step #1 Lightly cover your pot with the spray paint and let dry completely
Step #2 Determine how you want to postition your shells on your pot. For this holder I wanted just to place the shells on the rim on the pot.
Step #3 Using your glue gun, attach your shells to the entire rim of your potStep #4 Wrap your rope around the bottom of your pot, using your glue to secure in place
Step #5 Take your sanding block and gently distress around the body of the candle holder
Step #6 Place a small amount of sand inside the candle holder along with your candle
Step #7 Place in a coastal inspired spot and add additional shells around your candle holder.
Now you are ready to light your candle and enjoy your coastal ambiance.